Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 options. 1. send back to Springfield. They are actually pretty fast at turning around these types of issues. 2. I would just change my ammo. I had pretty good success using the Sig 365 ammo in my EMP. I think the HP sticks out of the casing a little bit farther on the Speers than it does on the Sig, and this is what may be catching on the feed ramp. If it feeds everything else just fine (range ball ammo, steel casings, frangible, etc..., then I wouldn't send it back to Springfield. I would hate for them to tweak it to fire the Speer, but then have problems with other ammo.

BTW, does this happen with all your magazines? It could also be the magazine. If the Speers are a little bit longer, the angle of follower may push the indented hollow part of the bullet tip into the bottom of the feed ramp - which is where it is catching.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got an EMP4CC and it didn't like some 9mm JHP once I found rounds it would eat and spit out, I haven't has any issues. You might want to try different rounds. Mine likes a variety of JHP and there are a few it doesn't like at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts