El Presidente Drill

Discussion in 'Training & Safety Forum' started by Geezer, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Geezer

Geezer New Member

http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics-training/the-lengendary-el-presidente-shooting-drill/

We did this one today. It's a lot tougher than it looks, at least it was for me. I did it a few times with my M&P .22 and could get the accuracy, all A hits, but I was pretty slow. Magazine changes seemed to take forever.
    Then I switched to my Glock 19 and even with the 9mm, the second shot was much harder to keep in the zone.
    I tried one of my Gov't Model Colts and had better results with the .45. Still too slow.

We would cheer each other on and then make fun of them when they missed. Everyone ended up getting all the shots in the A zone but we all need to work on our time and especially magazine changes. I had much rather have used my old S&W Model 10 but I'm all thumbs with Speed Strips. All in all, it was a lot of fun for 6 old guys.

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

So, let's see, that's where you shoot from a sitting position on a toilet through an irregular stream of retreating secret service agents at a picture of your (soon to be ex) wife? First seen on an old episode of mission impossible, as demonstrated by Theo Bikel, wasn't it?

Attached Files:

3. Geezer

Geezer New Member

What does my irregular stream have to do with this?