Drugs Are Bad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Geezer, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Early Thursday morning we got a call that my wife's grandson, my step grandson, was found unresponsive. It appeared that he had died peacefully in his sleep. An autopsy was ordered and there was nothing wrong with him. The results of the toxicology won't be back for several weeks. But, he had been battling demons for a while. He's got peace now. He was 24. RIP, Dustin.

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. It's sad to see people go at such an early age. My step son inlaw passed a few years back of a bad reaction of some drugs he took,he was only 22.Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015

3. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

I'm sorry to hear that, Geezer. I lost a very close friend to depression about a month ago. Don't know what else to say.

4. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Thanks, there's nothing that can be said. The funeral was today. Gonna be a while to heal up over this one. My wife has had a very hard time with this. He was more like a son than a grandson.

5. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear this Geezer. Hope you and your family get through this soon.

6. Steve

Steve Member

Geezer, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

This has been a tough year, lost a friend to alcohol (49) and a co-worker to depression. Time to get the train back on the track and find the positive to focus on.

Steve

7. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

Sorry to hear about this loss, Geezer.

8. phideaux

phideaux Member Supporter

Grandchildren are a great gift,
    Very special,
    and got to be unbelievable loss for your family.

So sorry ,

Jim

9. Willieboy

Willieboy Angry Old White Guy

That's really too bad Geezer. Too many families have lost loved ones to drugs. My brother was a heroin addict. That, alcoholism and some time in prison, probably took a terrible toll on his body and he died at the age of 44.