Doubletap Is A Beast!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Geezer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Geezer

Geezer New Member

I recently picked up a novelty item, a Doubletap in .45 ACP. A friend let me shoot his and even though it hurt my hand, I felt the need to own one. I found one at what I felt was a very good price.
    These things are extremely well made, fit, finish, and machine work is top shelf. At only 5/8" wide is disappears in a pocket. While not a primary carry gun it makes a good 2nd or 3rd gun to have with you.
    The downside, this thing is painful to shoot! Because of it's thinness and being .45 ACP, it really punishes the hand. Six rounds is the most that I have been able to shoot it at one time. It does shoot to point of aim and puts both shots close together. It holds 2 spare rounds in the grip if you need them. And, it's made right here on earth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

How's the trigger pull? Don't mean to be putting you on the spot here, but the darn thing is cute and there's not much info about them. Love the fact that it's made on Earth. Buy Terrestrial, I always say.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

3. Geezer

Geezer New Member

The trigger pull is long and about 10 pounds and has a good reset. About right for safe pocket carry, IMO. It resets after every pull of the trigger allowing double strike capability. Prices for these things are all over the place. I got this one off that big auction site for $200 (there are still some on there for the same price) and have been happy with it. $200 doesn't buy much these days.
    They also make it in 9mm and interchangeable barrels to covert the frame to a different caliber. The 9mm may be a little more comfortable to shoot and I did consider it over the .45. But, I always say, "If you're gonna be a bear, might as well be a Grizzly." So, I went with the .45 ACP.

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Absolutely, it's the 45acp part that makes it worth having.

Back in ancient times, the most feared round was the little 41 rimfire, because it was always fired from contact distance, making a horrible wound. I bet soft lead bullets seated the wrong way round in the DoubleTap would make a serious mess. I'd love to experiment with a few funny rounds. How about 2 45 cal balls in one case?

Oops. Just realized I can't buy it in CA.

5. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Too bad you can't have one. If you're a recoil junkie, you'd love this thing.
    I actually carry it now with 230 gr. Black Talons. If you're gonna be a bear......

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Black Talons....!!

Slowly I turned...step by step....inch by inch....