Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting it as my first 1911. Doing some research to better understand the platform so I will feel more comfortable carrying "cocked and locked." What would happen if the hammer were to drop without pulling the trigger? Is there a 1/2 cock?

Totally rookie in 1911 land. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Garrison is not legal in CA. That would indicate to me that it can not pass the CA. drop test and therefore is a series 70 style pistol. No firing pin safety. I am guessing based on the specs given for the pistol by Springfield, your best bet is to call Springfield and ask them.

·
528 Posts
Calling Springfield or doing a Youtube video inquiry regarding its inner workings would be a good idea. The Garrison also has the 1911 grip safety which adds to the safe carry in the cocked and locked position.

·
528 Posts
Personally, I would have no misgivings about using a Garrison for everyday carry. Today's Series 70 weapons are much improved. In fact many prefer them over the 80 series because they believe they have a better out of the box trigger. I suggest recoverr do his research on the history of the Series 70 and a comparison between today's Series 70 and Series 80 weapons. That way he can make an informed decision that he will be comfortable with.

Doing some research to better understand the platform so I will feel more comfortable carrying "cocked and locked.

·
Registered
Chambers Built GI,Combat Operator,RO 9MM OP, LW Champ OP, MilSpec Meusoc,GI Micro, RoninEMP,Garrison
25 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't believe any of the Springfield 1911's have a firing pin block. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.

I have no problem carrying my Garrison. Or any of my Springers for that matter.

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts