Customer Service

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Geezer, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Not too long ago, I bought a used KelTec P3AT at a pretty good deal. Before I ever fired it I put in a Northwoods trigger and it made a huge difference in felt trigger pull and travel.
    After the trigger change, I took it out and tried to fire a few rounds, I realized why the owner sold it. It would not extract the fired case. I tried different ammo and a different magazine. It simply would not run more that 2 rounds in a row.
    Since I had changed the trigger, I took the top end off and sent it to KelTec with a note explaining the problem. I also told them that I was not the original owner and to call me with the charge and I would pay by credit card. I mailed the package out on June 3.
    On June 11, FedEx delivered a package to me from KelTec. Enclosed was a brand new slide, barrel, guide rod, and spring. There was also a note saying that the entire top end had been replaced, test fired, and shipped back to me at no charge.
    This afternoon, I braved the heat and took the little .380 out and it ran 50 rounds perfectly. How's that for outstanding customer service?

2. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

Nice! Range report and pics, please. None of this happened without pics to prove it. :)

3. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Wow, excellent customer service! Now if they only made a gun that was actually worth owning...Several people suffered minor injury one day at the range when some guy opened up with his KelTec, and it fell to pieces. It was quite a warm day and several of us choked on our drinks, requiring pats on the back.

4. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Must have been past it's expiration date.

5. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Past it's expiration date? Hell, it ain't even ripe yet.

[​IMG]

6. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

I thought you South Carolina boys packed bigger heat than that.

7. pokute

8. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Y'all may want to leave it on a your window sill in the sun for a few days.

9. Geezer

Geezer New Member

This is for the days when I only wear a loincloth.

10. Deadeye

Deadeye New Member

Outstanding plan! You should market a line of concealed carry loincloths.

11. Straightwall

Straightwall New Member

Just don't confuse your pistol with your gun.

12. pokute

Then cut it up and plant the pieces. If you're lucky you'll get potatoes. If you're not lucky you'll get a crop of SUB-2000's and warranty cards.