Concealed carry

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory EMP' started by drew8080, Oct 20, 2016.

1. drew8080

drew8080 New Member

Looking for a good conceal carry holster for my emp4. The wife doesnt want me investing in a holster if its not for sure going to work for the emp4. Any help is appreciated.

2. Rochefort

Rochefort New Member

That's a tough one - I've never been able to try a holster for fit and comfort before I bought it, and thus have a whole drawer full of leather/kydex that fits my piece fine but doesn't fit me for one reason or another. What I've done a couple of times and it works best for me is that I found a local guy, retired copper, who does pretty good leather work, and he spent some time working up exactly what I was looking for. Only charged me about 60% of a mass-produced model, too.

I don't have a holster for my EMP4 yet but 4" barrels aren't real common. You'll see more 5" and 3.5", which will probably work okay, but they are't going to be a perfect, molded fit. I'm not huge on Kydex, which is totally gun-specific and if you go Kydex you will probably need to do some heating and molding in your wife's oven (heh, heh). A lot of companies market their holsters by make and model of handgun, manufactured from a dummy pistol, and the EMP4 is new enough to the market that they haven't caught up.

If you're okay with OWB, you've got no problem - I'd use the Yaqui Slide from any number of makers, Brownell's or Midway or probably even Bass Pro/Cabella's/Gander Mtn. Barrel length is no issue and most all have a tension screw for the slimmer frame. If you want inside the belt or IWB, you might have to run down a custom job.

3. Tx45acp

Tx45acp New Member

Hello Drew,

I have no affiliation with the company I'm about to recommend. I did a LOT of research before ordering and emailed this company asking questions before I placed my order.

You should investigate Stealthgear. Their website is http://stealthgearusa.com. I would also suggest you google stealthgear holsters and watch some of the reviews on the holsters to see if they might fit your need. They are a little higher in cost than some holsters but I figure if I'm gonna spend the money I have spent on a good pistol then I might as well get a good comfortable holster too.

They show that they have AIWB, IWB, and OWB holsters for the EMP. When I emailed them asking my questions the lady answered them and stated that they have a 30 day trial period for you to see if it works for you. If not then return it for a refund.

I hope this helps.

4. drew8080

drew8080 New Member

I appreciate all the help. I spoke with stealth gear usa and they are going to let me know when they make a holster for the emp4.

5. jennflip

jennflip New Member

emp4 holster

I love DM Bullard crossdraw--I wear vests so hides well--fantastic work

6. Swandog

Swandog New Member

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Springfield Forum Swandog,you should hop on over to the Introductions forum and tell us about yourself ;).

8. drew8080

drew8080 New Member

Thanks, thats actually the first website i have got to that actaully has the emp4 on it.

9. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

10. browcs

browcs New Member

11. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

Be sure and post some pics when it all comes together.