Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I’ve finally decided to start carrying my gun but I’ve been wondering about this insurance and how I should have it. I’m curious what everyone here feels about it and what company should I consider. I live in Indiana and wasn’t sure how the laws here protect a person if they have no choice but to defend themselves . Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cray, I believe concealed carry and home defense insurance are critical and affordable. I’ve been a member of USCCA.com since 2016 and here is the site link:
https:/www.usconcealedcarry.com/
I think the greatest part about this is it protects you when you carry AND in case you have to defend your home, while at home. The United States Concealed Carry Association gives me peace of mind...Mark

P.S. take a look at the site and all you get for your annual premium.

·
Registered
42 Posts
USCCA member here too.
Even if you're justified and not charged for shooting someone in a SD situation, you'll be sued in a civil court by the family and the minimum you're looking at to defend is $50,000.00+.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided on joining USCCA a couple of weeks ago . I even put my wife on it . I haven’t carried my gun yet anywhere yet but I still feel it’s a good investment .

·
Registered
168 Posts
"Even if you're justified and not charged for shooting someone in a SD situation," As an outsider i was absolutely shocked to read the assertion that a person can be sued for SD? What the hell is wrong there. If a person is not charged by police, has no criminal case to answer how can they be sued?

·
Registered
42 Posts
"Even if you're justified and not charged for shooting someone in a SD situation," As an outsider i was absolutely shocked to read the assertion that a person can be sued for SD? What the hell is wrong there. If a person is not charged by police, has no criminal case to answer how can they be sued?
Depends on the DA too, is it an election year can be a major factor, the family can sue regardless in a civil suit. Either way, you're gonna pay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was also wondering if USCCA helps to protect a member if they go to another state and gets involved in a SD situation .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Depends on the DA too, is it an election year can be a major factor, the family can sue regardless in a civil suit. Either way, you're gonna pay.
If what you say is correct then i suggest the system is rotten to the core. An election year cannot and must never be a consideration. The law then needs desperately to be changed. This being able to sue is that in all 50 states?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought I read somewhere online so take this with a grain of salt, but I could've swore that Indiana passed a law stating that if you're acquitted in a defensive encounter in criminal court, then you cannot be sued in civil court. I'm still trying to find where the hell I read that.

Even if I'm wrong and it's some other state with a law such as this, regardless, personal liability insurance is a very prudent idea. I went with USCCA for a multitude of reasons, but you can read more about them on their site.

Also, be sure to hit up YouTube and search for USCCA. Learn about the experiences of members who've had to summon a partnering lawyer in times of crisis. I don't think USCCA had so far had to defend a member in a murder trial yet, but I do know that CCW Safe has and was successful. That's just one case so far but there's at least a precedence set so that's always a good thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I’d seen the same thing at one point while researching laws but like you I’m not sure where I seen it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found it. I can't wait to escape the liberal cesspool of northern Virginia and return to my home state of Indiana. But yea, that's a huge financial load off the back of whatever insurance company you go with, freeing up that much more funds to help those who aren't protected by such a humane law.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was also wondering if USCCA helps to protect a member if they go to another state and gets involved in a SD situation .
USCCA does cover you in all 50 states. However, you must be legally able to carry in all 50 states. If you have a Texas License to Carry and use a weapon for self defense in NY or CA, for axample, you wouldn't be legally covered there since you cannot legally carry tin those state since they do not recognize Texas licenses.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So if a person defends themselves and is recorded to have done so in defense of his life or family, then is sued by the family of the aggressor. Why cannot the person who defended himself then counter sue the aggressors estate or family for loss of income or injury or even stress etc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts