Choate stock question

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1A Rifle' started by Sniperfox, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

2. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow,Mon! I guess no one has, or they would be all over it. It looks like a good product.

3. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

I guess not. Choate's rep has always been good but I was hoping someone could give me some insight on how it balances and feels when shouldered.

4. gates80

gates80 New Member

I bought my friends scout and it had that stock but it was collapsible. Took it right off because it made the front to heavy and there is a big metal ring behind the receiver that can jar your jaw if your not paying attention. That being said it is a sound stock just not my preference, great for concealment but I have no use for that

5. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

Still have the stock? If so and you want to sell it, send me an email to [email protected] .

6. gates80

gates80 New Member

Sniperfox yes I still have it will take pics and post them in 2-3 days

7. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

If possible, email them to me. I will be sure to get them that way. Thanks

8. gates80

gates80 New Member

Month later, sniper fox just a update on the choate stock. It's the original choate stock that came with what I've found out to be a m1a "bush" rifle. I have since put the stock back on will not be selling cheers

9. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

How do you like it?

10. gates80

gates80 New Member

I don't really, it's cool but I have no use for a folding stock. If I were climbing hills and jumping over fences it would be my go to rifle but I don't hunt and Russia haven't invaded Alaska (yet). But It is a somewhat rare setup and the stock is original to split them apart could lower the value of the rifle as a whole

11. Sniperfox

Sniperfox New Member

Is your stock the folding model or the collapsable?

12. gates80

gates80 New Member