Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess not. Choate's rep has always been good but I was hoping someone could give me some insight on how it balances and feels when shouldered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my friends scout and it had that stock but it was collapsible. Took it right off because it made the front to heavy and there is a big metal ring behind the receiver that can jar your jaw if your not paying attention. That being said it is a sound stock just not my preference, great for concealment but I have no use for that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my friends scout and it had that stock but it was collapsible. Took it right off because it made the front to heavy and there is a big metal ring behind the receiver that can jar your jaw if your not paying attention. That being said it is a sound stock just not my preference, great for concealment but I have no use for that
Still have the stock? If so and you want to sell it, send me an email to [email protected] .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Month later, sniper fox just a update on the choate stock. It's the original choate stock that came with what I've found out to be a m1a "bush" rifle. I have since put the stock back on will not be selling cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't really, it's cool but I have no use for a folding stock. If I were climbing hills and jumping over fences it would be my go to rifle but I don't hunt and Russia haven't invaded Alaska (yet). But It is a somewhat rare setup and the stock is original to split them apart could lower the value of the rifle as a whole

1 - 12 of 12 Posts