Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought it, the slide came off easily

Today, I put 150 rounds through it and I wanted to clean it but not the slide won't come off

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are saying with the slide stop removed, which is the only thing holding the slide in place the slide will not move. Press the trigger and see what happens.

·
90 Posts
Can you be a little more specific. Will it move into the position where it allows you to take the slide stop out and then it won't come off or will it not move at all?
With the slide stop in will the slide move back and lock with an empty mag installed and then properly release? Can you rack the slide with a round in the chamber and rounds in the mag and it ejects and reloads properly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are saying with the slide stop removed, which is the only thing holding the slide in place the slide will not move. Press the trigger and see what happens.
Correct

I have removed the slide stopped, now at this point I should simply be able to remove the slide by moving it forward off the rails but it doesn't happen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you be a little more specific. Will it move into the position where it allows you to take the slide stop out and then it won't come off or will it not move at all?
With the slide stop in will the slide move back and lock with an empty mag installed and then properly release? Can you rack the slide with a round in the chamber and rounds in the mag and it ejects and reloads properly?
I'm able to remove the slide stop

I'm also able to pull the slide back and place the tool on the guide rod and spring

And yes, with the slide stop in, the gun performs as it should

With the slide stop in, I'm able to move the slide back and fourth and if an empty mag is in, the slide locks as it should when pulled back

·
90 Posts
I just watched this one and not sure if will help does a good job and shows it up close
It breaks down just like my EMP 4 Lightweight Champion with the exception of that half round takedown piece. On mine a small allen type metal tool is placed in a hole to relieve the spring tension.
Since your gun seems to work properly otherwise, not sure what would keep the slide from coming off once the slide stop is removed unless maybe you haven't taken the mag out. Be interested to see what Springfield says.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It breaks down just like my EMP 4 Lightweight Champion with the exception of that half round takedown piece. On mine a small allen type metal tool is placed in a hole to relieve the spring tension.
Since your gun seems to work properly otherwise, not sure what would keep the slide from coming off once the slide stop is removed unless maybe you haven't taken the mag out. Be interested to see what Springfield says.
Yep, made sure the mag was out

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m going to guess the ejector came loose and is wedged in the slide. I had an EMP4 where it came loose, sent it to SA and they pinned it.

·
90 Posts
I’m going to guess the ejector came loose and is wedged in the slide. I had an EMP4 where it came loose, sent it to SA and they pinned it.
If that was the case, would it still work properly with the slide stop in place?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting, with the slide stop in, were still able to rack the slide back and fourth?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I glanced over the part about it functioning with the slide stop in place. In my case, the slide stop had no impact on my issue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts