Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
This is all great information! I will be purchasing a mil-spec today after work... Looking forward to it, the "break-in" question has been on my mind for a while, glad to see it answered

· Registered
20 Posts
Here's my first 200 "break in" rounds, and first 200 rounds from a handgun ever fired in my life... And first range trip... Lol, lot of firsts... 100 at 8 yards and 100 at 13 yards(atleast that's the distance the range instructor said). Green Plant Font Sports equipment Musical instrument

So... The first time I fired the pistol I put only one round in the magazine. From then on I fully loaded all 5 mags shot them all and loaded again etc. I've gotta say, the feel and recoil on the 1911 is surprisingly smooth!

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Cloaker and thank you for the advice Pokute! I had noticed several times that when forgetting to count shots, or not paying attention to the slide... After there were no rounds left, I pulled the trigger thinking there was one in the chamber. I had this strange feeling and I realized after a few times of doing this that I was expecting the recoil and trying to compensate. I noticed that I was wanting to drop the barrel slightly, or like Pokute mentioned, pushing in preparation for the recoil. Sadly, even on the first day at the range it was difficult to try to correct. And on the further 13 yard target I did try to raise the sights to adjust to the low hits, but didn't seem to make a difference. Good eye Pokute! I have watched several videos on proper holding technique with the 1911. Also for some reason I felt nervous during the first 100 rounds... hands were slightly shaky. Anyway, that is something else I need to work on. The second 100 rounds felt more relaxed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.