Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Loaded Stainless for 5 months now. I absolutely love it and I wanted to post some of the mods I have done. Two weeks ago I changed out my two piece guide rod with the GI guide rod from Wilson Combat. Yesterday I picked up the Recover Tactical grips and a Pursuit 190 lumen light from my local Bass Pro Shop. Here are the before and after pictures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, the only negative is that my SA paddle holster and my Blackhawk holster no longer fit. I will be buying the Recover Tactical holster in two weeks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I ran 100 rounds through her at the range today. I shot tighter groups with the GI guide rod installed and the new grips feel great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's just for home defense, the 190 lumen light is perfect and does not break the bank. Only 40 dollars

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An update to my rig, the pursuit light didn't work well with my Recover Tactical holster. I spent the extra money and got a Streamlight TLR -1. Works great

·
498 Posts
Beautiful Loaded!

Why do people change to the old GI guide rod?

What are the respective pros and cons of the solid GI rod vs. the 2-piece?

I'd like to know because someday I will have a SA 1911.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful Loaded!

Why do people change to the old GI guide rod?

What are the respective pros and cons of the solid GI rod vs. the 2-piece?

I'd like to know because someday I will have a SA 1911.
If you ever have to make a reload with just one hand, you can use the side of a desk to rack the slide back, with a 2 piece or full length guide rod, you can't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 3 Elite's now, maybe a 4th by the weekend, a Elite Operator in 45, one in 9mm and then a Target in 9mm. Maybe getting a compact in 9mm this weekend. The Elite series, in my opinion, is the best deal, coming with the 4 mags, Black T and the range bag. I might sell the 9mm Target, as I don't care for the rear sight. If I keep it, a new Kensight will be going on it, or I'll be taking a file to round off the rear sight blade.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts