Back from SACS

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by nolaguy83, Mar 14, 2016.

1. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Fresh action job using tool steel hammer sear disco paired with a new lightweight short trigger wrapped in her new Pachmayr grips sporting her 10 rnd chip power mag and a light from the back of the trash drawer in my gun room.

2. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

3. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Thank you. I can honestly say that I'm finally pleased as well satisfied with one pistol now I have to fool with the next

4. Steve

Steve Member

Looks like fun is just ahead. I agree, it's a shame that you have to send a gun to their CS to have a good trigger. I absolutely refused to do it with mine and worked at it until I was happy with it. Seems like for the quantity of guns they produce it would be less expensive to just put all quality parts in all of them and have all the buyers happy. Just talking out loud.

Steve

5. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

I'll be honest the original trigger felt pretty good for off the shelf. I have a problem with fixing things that don't need to be fixed and I didn't trust the angles that I had taken the engagement -. Although this is one screw-up on my part that really turned out well. I'm quite pleased with the four pound pull. So far I have 200 downrange on top of the 640 previously before sending. Zero malfunctions it is been one of the smoothest operating guns out of the box. I do have to say Springfield does give you a lot of gun for the money.

6. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Steve... This is my first professional trigger job that I own. So I'm a little bit concerned about damaging the pull and the job. Is it safe to manually Hancock for dry fire exercise? I had been holding the trigger back and then releasing it after cocking the hammer in its rear most position. As well at the range when slingshot the slide I hold the trigger back to disconnect. Can you tell me a little bit about a trigger job and what destroys them. I'm aware of how it functions.

7. Steve

Steve Member

nola, did you work on the trigger yourself and felt it was unsafe? I'm not really understanding why you sent it to SACS, did you stone the sear and hammer?

8. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Yes exactly. Initially I was completely satisfied had the creep removed felt to me it was around 5lb pull but couldn't leave it alone. Decided to try and lighten the pull.