Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Got it Mag-na-port'd so the grandkids could go plinking?

Attachments

My oldest grand son, now 13 yrs old, will shoot anything, cause I started him at 2-3 yrs old.
That SBH was already magnaported when I bought it, it had neve even been firedd, till I got it. Its a pussycat compared to my 460.
I have a lightweight tracker 44 mag thats more beasty than the SBH.

Ill see if I got a pic of it.

http://postimage.org/app.php

Jim

A couple more that I just finished polishing up to go on the auction block. All internals squared and polished. Internals shimmed where necessary. Stronger latch, gate, and basepin springs. Oversize basepins. Forcing cones honed. Fitted cylinder latches. Micarta grips. Either will shoot into 4 inches at 100 yards. Angel is a 44M, Devil is a 44SP

Attachments

I just bought, at the peril of my retirement, a very rare Freedom Arms in 45LC. What makes it so rare is that it is actually a 45LC, not a 454 with a 45LC cylinder. There were 54 made between 1986 and 1989, mine was shipped 12/23/87. It's so unusual that the seller thought it was a 454 missing the 454 cylinder!

Attachments

Them's two purty single actions right there.
They look little different from any bone-stock Rugers, except that they are wearing Micarta, have #5 basepins, and polished triggers and hammers. The pretty parts are all on the inside. I spent two weekends on each gun getting all the internals going like swiss watches.

There used to be a couple of dueling trees at the local range, set at 50 yards on 1.5 inch steel pipe. If folks plinked at the flags with 22's, the flags would eventually all get turned so they were straight out behind the pipe. I would slam the pipe with one of these guns and the flags would fly out to the sides. Could hit the pipe about once in five times, standing up on my hind legs and shooting like a man. These are damned good guns.

The dueling trees got shot down by some joker with a BFR in 500.

By the way, when I called FA to get the dirt on my weird gun, I was talking to the lady about the difference between the Field Grade and Premier Grade guns. The difference is that you can refinish the Premier Grade guns with Scotch Brite!

I just talked to Dan at LSB auctions, and he says that the recent Uberti's are as sturdy, well finished, and fitted as anything.

I was down at LSB (100 mile round trip) to do the paperwork on my new FA. The gun looks brand new. The flash patterns on the front of the cylinder have little serrations at the edges, and, sure enough, the forcing cone has a carbide insert with knurling around the edge so it can be replaced!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.