Another RO Compact - .45 Auto

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by pendennis, Oct 14, 2015.

1. pendennis

pendennis New Member

I've been carrying, and practicing with my new RO Compact, chambered in 9mm.

I was in a LGS, and saw another, this time in .45 Auto. Ten minutes, for the paper work, and trading cash, it came home. Off to the range Friday to shoot in. Changed out the standard stocks for some Ahrends in red maple. Here's its baby pic.

[​IMG]

2. pendennis

pendennis New Member

UPDATE: Range session 10/16/2015

Took it to the range today for break-in time, along with my S&W Series E, and my other RO Compact in 9mm.

Fed everything I brought along. No FTF's, etc. Had a couple of Chip McCormick mags, also, and they fed perfectly. It likes FMJ and HP. Had some Winchester Silver Tips, and they work perfectly along with the 230 gr FMJ. Accuracy is good, not a target gun, but good enough for SD usage.

The S&W was just as accurate, and I wanted to compare the two side-by-side.

There is a down side to the aluminum framed guns. The felt recoil tends to "sneak up on you"; not so much on each round, or even each magazine full. I didn't flinch badly, but I could tell by low hits, that I was anticipating the recoil a bit.

This RO Compact will get rotated with my other in 9mm. I did run a few rounds through the 9mm, and the recoil was definitely a bit less harsh.