Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I'm Mark. I just found this forum, and am looking forward to looking around. I currently have and carry a Springfield XDS 9mm as an EDC, and am considering to upgrade to possibly the Hellcat.
Hello Mr. Kottwitz and welcome to the Forum. I am also a newbe to this Forum. You will find many expert shooters here with a ton of great information and good guidance. Initially i used an original, non-OSP, Hellcat which gave me some problems with the trigger. Later i resolved the trigger issue but mentally i kept thinking about that so i upgraded to a OSP Hellcat with a manual safety. Installed a Holosun 507K X2 and am very happy with the new combination. Some great shooters don't recommend a manual safety for some reasons but i find it useful. On some occasions i carry a Glock 19.5.
Am sure you will find this Forum a great source of information.

· Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I'm Mark. I just found this forum, and am looking forward to looking around. I currently have and carry a Springfield XDS 9mm as an EDC, and am considering to upgrade to possibly the Hellcat.
Howdy Mark, welcome to the group. Looking forward to interacting with you. I have the XDS 45 Mod 2 and absolutely love it! For a big bore pocket sized gun, I am so amazed how accurate it is. Too, for its size and caliber it really has very manageable recoil that makes it fun to shoot. Because of the long gritty pull and soft stop, I ended up sending mine to Powder River Precision to have their trigger kit installed. Something you may want to consider anyway. The PRP trigger job made a noticeable improvement and matches the performance of my new XDM 45 Elite Compact META trigger, which I feel is the finest trigger one can have on a polymer firearm.

I also have the Hellcat and Hellcat Pro. I guarantee you'll love either one of them, right out of the box too, without doing any modifications. Now, I read some folks complain about the Hellcat trigger. I did not feel my Hellcat triggers needed any improvement. It's a good performer. Admittedly, the pull is probably a pound, maybe a pound and a half, heavier than say a 1911, but I personally can live with that. The only modification I did was to install Night Fision tritium night sights because of my aging eyesight. THE WORLD´S #1 SOURCE FOR Night Sights | Precision Tritium Night Sights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts