Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a standard hellcat a while back and was wondering if a red dot could be put on it ? I’m not really wanting a laser mostly because I would have to get a different holster. The old eyes ain’t what they use to be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pro
I bought a standard hellcat a while back and was wondering if a red dot could be put on it ? I’m not really wanting a laser mostly because I would have to get a different holster. The old eyes ain’t what they use to be.
You would have to buy a OSP slide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly, you could see if a gunsmith can make the cut for the optic but it is costly and I do not know if there is any wiggle room to do so.

I would sell it outright and buy one that is already cut from the factory.

I have a standard model and just swapped the front sight (it was fiber optic) for a Night Fission tritium.

I worked at a shop for a while and have shot many of the micro’s that reps have brought to the store. I do not see the need for that on a weapon with a 3 inch barrel. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500 and Hellcat w/RMRcc both in 9mm
1 Posts
I have the Trijicon dove tail mounted plate for the RMRcc on my IS Hellcat. The rear sight is gone so no co-witnessing, but not really worried since it is a Trijicon. The setup was also precise enough where I didn't have to make any adjustments after changing the battery, something that cannot be said for the XD-S/CT-1500 setup, although since that does co-witness I got it back to where it needed to be without having to shoot it by just looking through and lining things up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts