A Professional Type of Gift

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Vin63, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Vin63

Vin63 CH3NO2

A Professional Level Gift

Knowing that I've always wanted to add a SA Professional to the collection, but could never justify the price to myself, my wife got me this for our anniversary last week. I can't wait to set aside some range time to send some ammo through it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

All I can say is, you've a great wife! Congratulations.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesomeness Vin !!

4. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Wow! Congratulations!!!

Let us know how it does at the range. Dirty pics and pics of hole punched paper would be good. :)

5. Vin63

Vin63 CH3NO2

Thanks, everyone! Yep, my wife is a keeper. My days of taking advantage of the accuracy potential of the Pro passed me by 30+ years ago, but I still enjoy the feel of shooting a custom-level pistol - something about the smoothness of the action and the distinctive break of the trigger.

A couple of years ago, I got her a Jericho 941 that she wanted. When we went to Israel last year, she spent almost as much time taking pictures of the historical sights as she did pointing out Israeli personnel who were carrying a Jericho.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  6. Steve

Steve Member

Vin,

Nice piece(s), who made the grips on the SA? I just put a set of VZ Black Cherry double diamond grips on my TRP, really enjoy the look.

Steve

7. SHOOTER13

My wife ( SGM USA Retired ) purchased me a firearm as a gift when I retired from the DoD (8 years this April)...

[​IMG]

God...I love that woman.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  8. SHOOTER13

Nice Jericho too...!!

9. Steve

Steve Member

Here she is with the new DD Black Cherry VZ's.

Attached Files:

10. Vin63

Vin63 CH3NO2

They are the VZ Tactical Slants in black cherry. They are pretty close in style to the original full checkered cocobolo stocks. The indoor range I go to the most gets sweltering in the summer months, so I have a couple of G10 stocks that I swap out for range sessions on my regular shooters. I also have a set of the DDs in black cherry for my Trophy Matches.

11. Vin63

Vin63 CH3NO2

Cleaned and ready to head out to the range with the smaller sibling:

[​IMG]