Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
9mm is a good starting point. wide variety of loads, commonality, availability, cost of shooting.

(have and XD sub 3" in 9mm.......good value, and good shooter!)

I think the majority have said its my first and only . . . . at first. Curiosity usually takes hold
within a year and ends with another purchase or up-grade trade.
I entertain the cheaper by the dozen theory. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. I have decided to go with the XD sub 3" for this purchase. Eventually would like to get a 1911 .45acp......some day just can't afford that right now.
good luck and throw up an update on progress and shooting.
That model also has an option for factory night sites . . .
If you can swing it . . . get em now . . .(cost less in long run):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good luck and throw up an update on progress and shooting.

That model also has an option for factory night sites . . .

If you can swing it . . . get em now . . .(cost less in long run):)

Will do!!

I wish my gun dealer would have told me that info. I had them order it yesterday because they didn't have the all black in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own both a Springfield 1911 in 45 ACP and also a Springfield XDm in 9mm. The felt recoil from the 1911 is great enough to force a muzzle flip requiring an addition split second to bring the barrel back onto the target. Not so with a 9mm; no muzzle flip comparitively. I shoot my 1911 for practice but carry the 9 mm should a life-threatening emergency occur.

The 9mm FMJ penetrates deeply whereas the standard 230gr round nose for the ACP will literally rip flesh should the bullet barely contact the body. A recent study in a gun magazine showed that the 45 ACP is responsible for deadlier results than the 9mm.

Your choice. More rounds to spray from 9 versus the 45 being a "deadlier" round.

(EDIT) Shooting one-handed with a 9mm, I am way more accurate than with a 45 as proven in a law enforcement class on deadly force that I took.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.