460 Rowland. anyone have experience?

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by dutch, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dutch

dutch Just a guy with some guns

Seriously considering the 460 Rowland
    I have been looking for that one gun I can always carry in the woods..I am very seriously considering that 460 Rowland for my Springfield TRP. I can then sell off my 460 S&W which is a very large gun.... I have been carrying my .357 mag but this would be the EDC and woods gun since .45 ACP can still be shot from it..Any one experienced with the 460 Rowland?? I sure would like some Qualified opinions...

2. dutch

I went with the Rowland on my Range Officer instead....Here she is with Ammo....

photo 1 (45).JPG

photo 2 (47).JPG

photo 3 (26).JPG

photo 4 (19).JPG

photo 5 (7).JPG

photo 1 (46).JPG

photo 2 (48).JPG

photo 3 (27).JPG

photo 4 (20).JPG

photo 5 (8).JPG

3. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Now that's a big gun!

4. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

6. dutch

Thanks for the warning but I am aware of it. Just check that first round if you rechambered,,,and buy quality ammo...

7. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

That's why I size with a Lee U die. That's the kind of thing that could ruin your day.

The muzzle-brake looks cool with the huge ports, but I am pretty certain that there is little or no gas compensation occurring, only inertial compensation. I suspect the honking big ports are to make it easier to clean.

How is the chamber support on the Rowland barrel compared to your factory Springer barrel?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014