Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Hellcat w/RMRcc/XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500
70 Posts
Thank You but no thank you,I'll stick to 9 mm.
Do agree with you on this. Besides being able to get one or two more rounds into a micro compact like a Hellcat, it really doesn't offer anything over a good 9mm personal defense load. Among the micros I use for EDC I have a S&W Shield Plus in 9mm. S&W is one of the early adopters of 30 Super Carry, but I'm not spending the money for an additional 2 rounds for pretty much the same performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do agree with you on this. Besides being able to get one or two more rounds into a micro compact like a Hellcat, it really doesn't offer anything over a good 9mm personal defense load. Among the micros I use for EDC I have a S&W Shield Plus in 9mm. S&W is one of the early adopters of 30 Super Carry, but I'm not spending the money for an additional 2 rounds for pretty much the same performance.
My reasoning for a 380acp in the hellcat is for reduced recoil for women and those with arthritic hands.

·
657 Posts
Offering a .380 Hellcat would be nice for people who have trouble handling a Hellcat in 9mm.

However, I would never carry a .380, and the market for a .380 Hellcat is probably not large.
I was wondering if SA would produce a .45 ACP Hellcat, but that would also probably be a smaller market than 9mm, due to what would have to be significantly reduced capacity.

9mm seems to be the perfect round for a MICRO-pistol because 9mm offers a good mix of power and mag capacity. Just my opinions.

·
657 Posts
30 Super Carry looks like a nice innovation, but it's not enough to get me to convert from 9mm for a small carry gun, especially since 9mm can be loaded with a lot of versatility.

It will be interesting to see if demand for 30 Supper Carry takes off or fizzles out.

WHAT DO YOU ALL PREDICT?

IS 30 SUPER CARRY THE FUTURE?

·
Registered
44 Posts
30 Super Carry looks like a nice innovation, but it's not enough to get me to convert from 9mm for a small carry gun, especially since 9mm can be loaded with a lot of versatility.

It will be interesting to see if demand for 30 Supper Carry takes off or fizzles out.

WHAT DO YOU ALL PREDICT?

IS 30 SUPER CARRY THE FUTURE?
30 SUPER CARRY THE FUTURE?
Does anyone recall the 45 GAP about the same performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Offering a .380 Hellcat would be nice for people who have trouble handling a Hellcat in 9mm.

However, I would never carry a .380, and the market for a .380 Hellcat is probably not large.
I was wondering if SA would produce a .45 ACP Hellcat, but that would also probably be a smaller market than 9mm, due to what would have to be significantly reduced capacity.

9mm seems to be the perfect round for a MICRO-pistol because 9mm offers a good mix of power and mag capacity. Just my opinions.
If the 380 is so unpopular why did Ruger go retro with the LC380 inorder to get them back into California. Don't get me wrong I know that the 380 isn't as powerful as the 9mm. I love the fit and feel of the Hellcat up to the point of pulling the trigger, ouch. There are some 9mm that are great for me to shoot but not the Hellcat. My Walther CCP M2+ is the nicest 9mm to shoot and it isn't that much bigger than the Hellcat.

·
657 Posts
I mean no offense to .380 fans and did not mean to say .380 is "unpopular." Where I live, .380 sold out about the time everything else did (during pandemic and the unrest). I don't have hard data for this--just years of observation in several states--but it seems to me that .380 has never been as popular in the USA as 9mm is. That observation might reflect reality, or it might simply reflect the people I have met at various ranges over the years.

My secretary used to carry a .380 (a S&W Bodyguard), and I was happy she carried it. Can't have too many armed good guys around! And a .380 in the hand beats a .357 in the safe. However, the first time we went shooting together, she fell in love with my Glock 26 and bought one. These days we both carry Hellcats most of the time.

·
657 Posts
If the 380 is so unpopular why did Ruger go retro with the LC380 inorder to get them back into California. Don't get me wrong I know that the 380 isn't as powerful as the 9mm. I love the fit and feel of the Hellcat up to the point of pulling the trigger, ouch. There are some 9mm that are great for me to shoot but not the Hellcat. My Walther CCP M2+ is the nicest 9mm to shoot and it isn't that much bigger than the Hellcat.
A Hogue HandALL might reduce the sting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I carry a Ruger LCP MAX in my pocket for close range protection, but the Hellcat is also very close by. Dallas is safer than most large cities where I frequent, too many soy boys to worry about them storming a lumber yard. That said, arthritic hands wouldn't like a micro 380 like the LCP MAX....way snappy recoil with 100 grain cartridges.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I carry a Ruger LCP MAX in my pocket for close range protection, but the Hellcat is also very close by. Dallas is safer than most large cities where I frequent, too many soy boys to worry about them storming a lumber yard. That said, arthritic hands wouldn't like a micro 380 like the LCP MAX....way snappy recoil with 100 grain cartridges.
LC380 works fine for my arthritic hands and my wife's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
30 Super Carry gets my vote in the Hellcat with one big caveat...

DON'T follow the lead of Sig Sauer!!! Take a different path...smaller gun, pocket sized, 8+1 (please don't try to convince me the Hellcat 9mm is a pocket gun). I'm talking LCP small. Then you've got something no other gun maker offers.

·
657 Posts
People and pockets come in different sizes. I love my Glock 26 but have to carry it IWB, can't pocket carry it.
For the past 6 months I have carried my Hellcat in my front pocket more days than not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts