Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my latest 1911. Some small issues with ammo though.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm7dujBWRKw[/ame]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi mgardner,
Can you post the issues you are having with the RO 9mm? I got one new last year and had barely put through fifty rounds and began having cycling issues - not fully ejecting and jamming with both JHP and FMJ. The only thing I can think of is that I had run through a couple of magazines of +p ammo, but the RO is built pretty sturdy, so I am at a total loss! I keep it squeaky clean and lubricated etc.!

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of us have had RO issues. Probably the best thing to do is to send it back to Springfield if you are not familiar with the 1911 platform.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mgardner, thanks for the response. I was planning on doing that for some upgrades, but was hoping for some insight into what was underlying the problem!

Will see what SA has to say about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's hard to tell. It could be anything from an extractor with too much tension , ammo sensitivity,to magazine problems. 1911's can be a real challenge sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a RO 9mm that got progressively worse with FTF's. It got to the point it would fail about twice in one mag. I first thought it was ammo. Then it didn't seem to matter. I sent it back to Springfield, got it back a week later. They replaced the extractor. I have put about 300 rounds through it since, and have not had even one issue. I love the RO in 9mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts