1911 Range Officer 9mm

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by mgardner, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Here's my latest 1911. Some small issues with ammo though.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm7dujBWRKw[/ame]

2. mike0010

mike0010 New Member

Hi mgardner,
    Can you post the issues you are having with the RO 9mm? I got one new last year and had barely put through fifty rounds and began having cycling issues - not fully ejecting and jamming with both JHP and FMJ. The only thing I can think of is that I had run through a couple of magazines of +p ammo, but the RO is built pretty sturdy, so I am at a total loss! I keep it squeaky clean and lubricated etc.!

Thanks

3. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Many of us have had RO issues. Probably the best thing to do is to send it back to Springfield if you are not familiar with the 1911 platform.

4. mike0010

mike0010 New Member

mgardner, thanks for the response. I was planning on doing that for some upgrades, but was hoping for some insight into what was underlying the problem!

Will see what SA has to say about it.

Thanks

5. mgardner

mgardner New Member

It's hard to tell. It could be anything from an extractor with too much tension , ammo sensitivity,to magazine problems. 1911's can be a real challenge sometimes.

6. mgardner

mgardner New Member

The RO is finished and doing well. :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbHDsWeXwuU[/ame]

7. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Thanks for the video!

8. Skoog

Skoog New Member

I have a RO 9mm that got progressively worse with FTF's. It got to the point it would fail about twice in one mag. I first thought it was ammo. Then it didn't seem to matter. I sent it back to Springfield, got it back a week later. They replaced the extractor. I have put about 300 rounds through it since, and have not had even one issue. I love the RO in 9mm.