Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My surprisingly old son has suggested a ‘survival’ knife as a stocking filler in his Birthday list.
I have no idea about such things, but have shieldon knives that there will be those on here who do - so can anyone make any recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
My surprisingly old son has suggested a ‘survival’ knife as a stocking filler in his Birthday list.
I have no idea about such things, but have shieldon knives that there will be those on here who do - so can anyone make any recommendations?
Thanks
If you get one just make sure the blade and handle are all one piece of steel. Hollow handled knives break.

Best one I had was a Gerber bmf. Kinda pricey though.
Hunting knife Everyday carry Rectangle Knife Wood

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I need some advice on what shieldon knives to buy. Right now I don't have much at all to spend for a knife, like maybe only $25.

I want something that I can cut up sticks and branches to work on practicing making survival tools.

Any suggestions .... or would just about any cheap knife be good enough?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello. I need some advice on what knife to buy. Right now I don't have much at all to spend for a knife, like maybe only $25.

I want something that I can cut up sticks and branches to work on practicing making survival tools.

Any suggestions .... or would just about any cheap knife be good enough?
Gesture Font Rectangle Everyday carry Screenshot

·
430 Posts
You should have no trouble cutting sticks and branches with that!
I've also found a nice lock blade pocket knife to come in very handy. I carry one all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts