Wrist Watches...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I've always preferred dive watches...and I bought myself a nice one a few years back when I went diving in Cancun and Nassau...

LUMINOX 3000 Series

[​IMG]

Specifications
    • Article number: A.3001
    • Series: ORIGINAL Navy SEAL 3000 SERIES
    • Family: Sea
    • Function: Time/Date
    • Movement (technology): Quartz
    • Size of case diameter (mm): 43.00
    • Case material: Carbon reinforced PC
    • Case Bezel: Rotating 1-Way Diver
    • Case Back: Caseback with Screws
    • Crown: Double-Security Gasket
    • Crystal/Glass material: Hardened Mineral
    • Water resistance (m/ft/atm): 200 / 600 / 20
    • Strap/Bracelet material: Rubber / Silicone / PU
    • Illumination: Night Vision Tubes (25 years)

2. J-Will

J-Will bang bang

I don't have any expensive watches, but my favorite and daily watch is an Invicta Pro Diver. Wicked deep blue lume if I've been in natural sunlight. Love it!.

3. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

When I was working, I would break my watch about once a month. It didn't take me long to realize that going cheap is the only way. Now that I'm retired, I have no use for a watch, and use my cell phone instead.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Stopped wearing mine when I first retired...felt weird not having it on and available, so I started wearing it again.

Had the one above for decades now...

5. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

When I go out on a Red Cross deployment, I always grab my Timex Ironman, which I used while working, and the darn thing still works perfectly.

Attached Files:

6. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Supporting Member Supporter

I wear a cheap Walmart watch, because I am always breaking mine

7. Viperspit

Viperspit New Member

Major wrist watch fan, collector and forum admin here. Just got a call 20 minutes ago that my Orient Saturation Diver is fixed and on it's way back to me. Love that particular Diver. Own everything from Rolex to Invicta. Have a Seiko 6309-7040 torn down next to me that I need to replace or at least clean the crystal in, but I have bought a crystal puller yet. My new Glock 19 has taken away from my wrist watch hobby time ;)

edit: btw that Luminox is a great tool watch. I still have yet to purchase a tube watch yet, but the tritium is a major cool factor.

[​IMG]

The Orient Saturation Diver

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  8. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Supporting Member Supporter

That's a very nice watch !

9. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have a metal allergy that prevents me from wearing them, so I'm that guy who always ask what time it is. It's a great way to strike up a conversation with a total stranger though when you're waiting for something.

I don't know why more people don't just start talking to the people they are inline with.

10. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Austin try a leather band that goes between the watch and wrist, the buckle also rests on leather.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=lea...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=b787Up2sHsKdiQK1w4HQDw

11. Shooter

If I can find one when I'm out I'll buy it and give it a try. I've gone my entire life without one, so if I start now it would be kinda weird.

12. Viperspit

Viperspit New Member

Art had a good suggestion. You may also want to look into titanium watches. Many people that have skin allergies to steel are okay with titanium. IF you decide to look into this, make sure the case back is also titanium as some are stainless steel. good luck.

13. Shooter

Never tried titanium. I'm sure there's a test for it to see if it messes up my wrist before I buy one.