Question about new sights.

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Zevon45, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Zevon45

Zevon45 New Member

I recently bought a Range Officer and I love the gun. My only thoughts on upgrades right now are replacing the sights as I am not a fan of the black on black that came standard. I do like the adjustability of the rear sights though.

Does anyone have suggestions on a replacement sight that would still be adjustable but allow for quicker target acquisition!

Thanks in advance

2. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Moderator Staff Member

3. Zevon45

Zevon45 New Member

Thanks Tango! I'm not looking to do anything yet but that gives me a point to start looking at. Kind of hate to spend that much on sights right now considering the price of the gun, but patience is a virtue, lol!

4. Ichbinbir

Ichbinbir New Member

Not sure exactly where to find them, but I'm sure there are plenty out there. I love the flat black rear with a red fiber optic front. Keep in mind this is only for target and competition as the fiber optic does nothing in low light. I find it very quick for sight acquisition. It would appear that this option comes standard on some Range Officer models.

5. Zevon45

Zevon45 New Member

Yeah, I don’t mind the flat black rear but combined with a black front, it’s a little tougher than my old eyes would like