Here's my Baby

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1A Rifle' started by sawfiler, Sep 23, 2013.

1. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

My go to rifle over all others. to date she has never had a factory round only handloads and she has never failed!

Attached Files:

2. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

nice looking piece!

3. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

That's a beauty sawfiler. What kind of scope mount are you using?

4. Glocku

Glocku No warning shots here...

Damn Saw! That's a beauty you have there. I've been puting off on adding one of those to the stable, but after seeing yours I'm going to reconsider my logic...

5. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

Gen.4 Springfield

6. sawfiler

sawfiler New Member

Thanks,I have bolt guns that are more accurate but not enough to matter in the real world IMHO. In fact 30 yrs. ago it took me some doing to get a boltgun to shoot as well!

7. J-Will

J-Will bang bang

Very nice. Some day....

8. TJB63

TJB63 New Member

Sweet Saw

Mine is just a Standard M1A Loaded, Got rid of the Synthetic Stock and Replaced with a Walnut, Other than that, It's Stock.

TJ

9. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Supporting Member Supporter

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Looks real good...especially the OD furniture !

11. JLBIII

JLBIII New Member

That's a beauty. I even like the color. The SA M1A1 SOCOM will be the next 7.62x51mm I plan on purchasing. That is after I recover from the purchase of my Sig Sauer 716. Though I love my new 716, it was a little more expensive than I would have liked, but having a piston operated AR has been on my wishlist for many years.

Joe

12. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Nice. Now there's a real battle rifle. Needs some dirt and large scratches on it though. :D

13. JLBIII

JLBIII New Member

I've always liked the M-14, when I was in the Coast guard that's all I used. Of course we trained in boot with M-16's, once aboard ship when I qualified to be on the MLE (Maritime Law Enforcement) team I got to choose the 14 or the 16. Out of 2 boarding crews of 12 sailors apiece, only an old chief gunners-mate and I chose to use the M-14, everyone else chose the M-16.

When He asked me why I chose that rifle over the new fancy one, I told him my uncle who served in Vietnam loved his, owned a couple of them and that's the rifle I learned to shoot and hunt with when I came to live in the US permanently at 15. When he prodded further I told him I didn't like the M-16, it felt like shooting a .22 and I wanted to be sure that if I had to shoot someone, one shot would put them down (no offense to the M16/AR-15 owners) Because we all know that firing at static paper targets with proper form etc. is easy, no quite as easy when the target is moving and firing back at you, so even a marginal double tap or hit with the 7.62x51 / .308 at close range is gonna do enough damage to keep em down. A firefight on a ship is a lot like CQC in a building except you've got no possible escape route besides diving overboard.

Joe

14. cma_g21

cma_g21 New Member

Nice!!!

What scope is that?