Glock Firearms

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Pictured below is my EDC weapon, a 3rd generation Glock 30SF chambered in .45ACP. It holds 10 +1 and has proven itself accurate and reliable enough to trust my life to it.

[​IMG]

The Glock series of firearms are a short recoil-operated locked breech semi-automatic pistols that uses a modified Browning cam-lock system adapted from the Hi-Power (P35) pistol. The firearm's locking mechanism utilizes a linkless, vertically tilting barrel with a rectangular breech that locks into the ejection port cut-out in the slide. During the recoil stroke, the barrel moves rearward initially locked together with the slide approximately 0.12 inches until the bullet leaves the barrel and chamber pressure drops to a safe level. A ramped lug extension at the base of the barrel then interacts with a tapered locking block integrated into the frame, forcing the barrel down and unlocking it from the slide. This camming action terminates the barrel's movement while the slide continues back under recoil, extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge casing. The slide's uninterrupted rearward movement and counter-recoil cycle are characteristic of the Browning designed system.

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Supporting Member Supporter

I also choose the 30SF as my off duty EDC, and the 21 for Duty carry

3. SWThomas

SWThomas The Gunny

I use a G19 as my EDC. I absolutely love this pistol!

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Trust means a lot,without it why carry it?;) I've heard a lot of good reports about Glocks but for some reason never have tried 1.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  5. glock26USMC

You should, you won't be disappointed :D

6. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

I bet you would like one if you ever tried one.

7. glock26USMC

............... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395865942.374404.jpg

8. squirrelhunter

You're right I probably would,just like I'd probably like S&W and Colt if I ever tried them :D. I guess I'm an odd ball :( .

9. teddanson323

teddanson323 Banned

I think you shouldn't talk crap about glocks there great handguns i have a glock 19 works great no probs at all

10. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Easy there ted. Squirrely wasn't knocking Glocks...

11. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

In fact, after reading thru the whole thread, I couldn't find anyone knocking a glock. ??

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Springfield Forum mobile app

12. teddanson323

teddanson323 Banned

Sorry just saying. A lot of people who like XD handguns are not glock fans

13. squirrelhunter

If you reread my posts you'll see I was agreeing I'd probably like a Glock if I ever tried 1. I also said I'd probably like a Colt or S&W if I ever tried 1 of those too ;). I've mainly had Rugers along with a Bersa,H & R,Springfield and some I don't remember what they was.

14. squirrelhunter

Hardly,I've never bought guns from Walmart,just gun stores. Rugers and Springfields are excellent guns and I haven't had any trouble with my Bersa or the H & R,or any of the other brands I've had for that matter. I forgot I also have T/C Contenders...... Everybody's entitled to their opinions though.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  15. gumpy

I've been interested in the T C's ever since they came out, Squirrely. How do you like them? The only one i've ever shot was chambered in 45-70.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Springfield Forum mobile app

16. squirrelhunter

I like them real well,I've had pistol barrels chambered in .22lr,.223 Rem,45colt/.410 and 35 Rem, which has taken several deer ;), and rifle barrels chambered in .223,44 mag and 45 cal muzzle loader which has taken a few deer too. I've had them for close to 20 years now and wouldn't trade them for the world.

17. gumpy

18. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Staff Member Supporter

BTW squirrely, love the avatar. Scary lookin' suckers up there in Indy...:eek:

19. squirrelhunter

Thanks,another member posted that on here in another thread for me. I really like it too :D.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014