First Look at Gen5 Glock

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ThreeTango, Sep 4, 2017.

1. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

The changes do not seem overwhelmingly significant to me.

I am not a major Glock fan. I own just 1, a model 22. I got my Glock in the late 90s. Just now, in trying to figure out what Gen mine is, I came across this
    TERRIFYING article! (I learned that mine is a Gen 3 btw.)

Please read this!

http://reducerecoil.com/2015/03/difference-between-glock-gen1-glock-gen2-glock-gen3-glock-gen4/

I'd be very interested in hearing what people think about that article.

I cannot believe that Glocks are that dangerous or that they have a tendency to slam fire, but apart from grammar and spelling errors, the author of the article in the link above seems to have some knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017

2. TxRam

TxRam New Member

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1504951396.275646.jpg

Went and bought a Gen5 G17 to add to my Glock collection. Had it on pre-order for awhile, but just picked it up the other day due to my busy schedule with the military and hurricane Irma preps here in Florida.

3. TxRam

TxRam New Member

I give the article between a 1 and 2 out of 5. If the writer is trying to explain the differences in each generation to promulgate or disseminate technical knowledge, then he needs to leave his own opinions out of it. Sorry, but the article had little sustenance. I'm not saying this as a Glock fan because I own many different name brand guns.

His objective wasn't really stated in what he was trying to articulate. He immediately opinionated with an opening statement and proceeded to give a brief history lesson. He then provided numbers and testing results from a source that I don't know is legitimate. Anything containing numbers needs to be sourced to where he received his data.

Again, he finished with an opinionated statement that didn't clearly explain his objective. Don't buy Gen 1 and 2 Glocks?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Didn't care for that article either...

To me...shooting and carrying the Glock for over five years has made me a believer.

Not because of the hype...not because of the Gen...but because of the reliability, strength, and accuracy of the platform.

My Gen3...in my favorite caliber:

[​IMG]

5. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

With the author's style and writing errors, I am slow to believe him also!

Has anyone ever heard of a Glock actually firing when a round is chambered?

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Yea...when I PRESS the trigger...!!

( Sorry RevV...you left me no choice :rolleyes: )

=================

Seriously...NO. While a Glock has no "external" safety...it does have 3 "internal" safeties:

1.} Trigger Safety
    2.} Firing Pin Safety
    3.} Drop Safety

Read Here: https://us.glock.com/technology/safe-action

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017