Featured Best 2 Point Sling?

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory AR-15 - The Saint' started by Koskela, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Koskela

Koskela New Member

Hello....I have ordered a new Saint rifle and am looking for information on the best 2 Point Sling. These is little sling information online or on the YouTube videos of the Saint rifle.

I don't need anything fancy and was thinking of a simple nylon sling like the 60" USA Sling which reminds me of the black silent sling of the 1970's.

How does the slot work in the butt stock? I am used to the old style Colt AR sling swivels and am not too familiar with the Saint swivel options.

Do the IDF slings for the M-16 as used in Israel work on this?

What is the best QD swivel for the rifle? I assume some are better than others.

Can you securely attach a good quality QD swivel to the side of the handguard so the sling would be straight, using the side QD option on the butt stock? Does the mounting hardware for the handguard differ from the mounting hardware on the butt stock?

Thanks for any advice.

2. aspenmeadow

aspenmeadow New Member

I keep coming back to your post because I have the same issue. I got my Saint less than a month ago, and bought a $24 sling at Amazom. I works fine, but it's clear that not many Saint owners are reading and writing on this forum. Disappointingly.

3. IL-Rebel

IL-Rebel New Member Supporter

I purchased my Saint on 2/10. I sent their customer service an email on 2/15 requesting information on the optics and sling. I have since purchased Vortex optics, but am also interested in the sling that is on these guns in their promotional videos and pics. So far, no response. I sent another email today requesting the same information. If I hear anything I will post here, but am not holding my breath. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Mike

4. Koskela

Koskela New Member

Thanks for the replies.

At least one of the slings shown in SA Ads and Videos has some sort of clip attachment to the front swivel which looks like a bent wire. I have tried searches on Midway and the net with no luck.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  5. aspenmeadow

aspenmeadow New Member

It's really amazes me that companies spend a fortune on marketing a product, then you get voice mail when you call CS. Several years ago, an author, Tom Peters wrote a book about successful companies who really provide excellent customer service as their business model. I have found most firearms maker are really weak on this. On a fluke, I bought a "target" .22 P938 from Sig Sauer, but could find no holster for it. Calling SIg CS, they told me they don't know of one either, even though they shipped my 9mm P938 with one that doesn't work for for the .22. I prefer not to stick a gun in my waistband when out plinking. I ran into this when trying to talk to someone at CZ USA.

I think the Saint is becoming my favorite gun, but calling and writing Springfield (or sig, ot CZ, or Vortex) has gotten me nowhere on general questions. I get just opinion at the retail level. I do wish all of them would look at what Apple has achieved.

6. marknga

marknga New Member

That looks like a Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.

I just got my Saint and have the same questions.

Have decided that I will order the BFG Vickers. Will let you know how it works for me.

7. IL-Rebel

For those of you that may be interested. Here is the response from the email I sent on 4/22. Not sure what happened with the first email, but apparently persistence pays off.

Thank you Penne B

Hello,

Blue force gear:
    Sling: https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling
    Swivel they used at rear: https://www.blueforcegear.com/push-button-sling-swivel.html
    U-loop that most used on front: https://www.blueforcegear.com/uloop

Penne B | Customer Service Team Leader
    Springfield Armory®
    420 West Main Street
    Geneseo, IL 61254

800-680-6866 Ext 8972
    penneb@springfield-armory.com
    www.springfield-amory.com

8. Koskela

Koskela New Member

Blue Force Sling Products

Thank you very much for the links to the sling and hardware. That is exactly what I am looking for.

I found several of the ULoops on Ebay for the same price and no shipping costs.

They should sell these on SA site.

I am going to attach this to the front swivel. Evidently you can thread this around the barrel or through KeyMod holes but I am not sure of any advantage to doing this over using the already existing swivel.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. IL-Rebel

Glad to help - and thanks to SA customer service.

I figured what the heck and ordered all three pieces. Should be a nice addition.

Mike

10. tackleberry

tackleberry New Member

I have the vickers on my Saint and Im very happy with it. The slot on the Saints buttstock is to narrow for the standard attachment so I just added a qd to it and it works great.

11. marknga

marknga New Member

I got the sling and hardware in and installed. Nice set up. Easy to install, easy to use. Can't wait to try it in the field.

12. brian briggs

brian briggs New Member

For those of you who have the free float handguard, what did you do for a 2 point sling. Do I have to use a U-loop or is there a better attachment for the handguard that I just haven't found?

Looks like I solved my own problem, just needed to specifically search M-lok sling attachments, duh...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    squirrelhunter likes this.
  13. Ken M

Ken M New Member

Try calling customer service. I purchased my Saint a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise it came in a soft sided case vs the hard case. I emailed c/s and they got right back to me.
    Btw, the hole in the butt stock if for a quick connect sling swivel.
    1800 680 6866, ext 8986. Drew S. Very pleasant to talk with.

14. Kukailimoku

Kukailimoku New Member

I got from here:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JK1XW4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This two-point sling:

STI 2 Point Rifle Sling - Adjustable Gun Sling with FAST-LOOP and 1.25 inch Webbing for Hunting Sports and Outdoors

and I love it. I set it up for left hand operation.

The only problem is that if you disassemble/unstrap it make sure you immediately put it back together before walking off. I unstrapped mine from its shipping state to put it on my QD swivels but got interrupted mid-stride and didn't get back to it until three days later. It was the dickens trying to remember/imagine the proper routing of the straps in order to get it back together and on the Saint in the correct fashion. I ended up having to go back to My Orders page and look at the picture again.
    Once its on there is no more problems removing it from the weapon because you're going to use QDs on both ends, right? (I did.)

I did have to also buy a QD for the stock (pun!) hole, and a keymod adapter + another QD at the 2o'clock position (I'm left-handed) on the stock hand-guard.