Originally Posted by RevV
Threetango, that mag certainly looks familiar! How are the mags that come stock with a "Loaded?" Someday, I will own a "Loaded" and I'd like your opinion. Are the Wilson Combats significantly better than the SA mags that come with a "Loaded"? I'd appreciate any information or experience you can share on the topic.
Wilson mags are better quality than most any mag you can name. I have a McCormick and prefer the Wilson's personally for the specs (JMO).
Standard SA mags are ok, they just don't have the quality of a Wilson.
The mags for Sig Sauer are Mec-gar made in Italy and are pretty good quality but Wilson mags are made in the USA which I fully support. Plus I like that it's an 8 rd model.
Here are the specs on the Wilson's which will show the features and materials used.
I will say are not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Specifications and Features:
Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine
- Increases Reliability in ALL 1911 Pistols
- Aircraft Grade Certified Stainless Steel Tube Resists Corrosion
- .027" Tube Walls - Thickest In The Industry
- Tubes are Heat Treated for Maximum Durability and Service Life
- Fiber-Fill Nylon Self-Lubricating Follower Provides Smooth Round Feeding
- Maximum Tensile Strength Heavy-Duty Spring for Long Service Life, Enhanced Feeding and Positive Slide Stop Operation
- Removable .350" Plastic Base Pad for Easy Maintenance and Versatility with Different Base Pad Options
Maximum Tensile Strength Heavy Duty Spring
Enhanced Feeding and Reliability
Made in the USA